Our story :
Founded in 2016, Overdose has grown out to a family of 400+ staff, with offices across New Zealand, Australia, South East Asia, Europe and the USA. We work in a partnership format with a select group of clients looking for innovation and accelerated growth in a competitive digital landscape.
We take an abductive approach to design thinking, applying a balance between consumer empathy and data-driven insights. Our always-on approach to delivery forces us to think bigger and challenge the status quo. Our reputation is the key to our success.
About the role :
As an OD Developer, you are responsible for providing technical support for OD Shopify development clients. This is an on-the-tools role, working on support development tasks, project work and most importantly solving problems for clients.
- Be a Shopify expert: We need someone who lives and breathes the Shopify platform. Your experience could be in an agency, merchant side or working as a freelancer.
- Coding: Utilising your skills as an experienced developer to deliver quality work efficiently for clients.
- Solutions: Solving problems, ranging from initial project discovery, to those that arise during projects and critical bug fixes.
- Technical scoping: Assist with architecting solutions for ecommerce projects to ensure the most efficient and effective solutions that use the most appropriate combination of apps, APIs, custom development and human resources.
- Time management: An ability to estimate tasks accurately and work to a schedule.
- Collaboration: Work with our delivery manager, project managers and client success team to ensure smooth end-to-end delivery of work and make sure our retainer clients are serviced impeccably.
- QA testing: assist with testing on all project releases and help to improve QA testing processes.
- Project management: Work with our project managers and client success team to ensure smooth end-to-end delivery of large projects and make sure our retainer clients are serviced impeccably.
Skills and Experience :
- Shopify expertise: Experience with the Shopify ecosystem, including understanding: Shopify and Shopify Plus features, Theme development using liquid and JSON templates, Apps, APIs and Platform limitations.
- Front end development: Extensive experience building front end ecommerce stores, using modern CSS & JS libraries and deployment processes.
- APIs: Able to work with REST and GraphQL APIs to connect Shopify and associated platforms efficiently.
- Self-motivation - you don’t need a lot of direction, and aren’t afraid to ask questions when you need to understand something better, but will try to figure out the answer on your own first.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal).
- Comfortable providing recommendations with confidence to senior level stakeholders.
- Ability to think creatively and logically to develop bespoke strategies for your clients in line with their business objectives through analysis of data and industry trends.
- Keen willingness to learn and grow within the team.
Perks and Benefits :
- Full flexible working arrangements.
- Annual 13th-month performance bonus.
- Two Mental Health days off per year.
- Annual training allowance.
- The chance to learn from some of the best eCom leaders all around the world.
- Free day off to celebrate your birthday month.
- Ability to continue your learning and development though globally recognised courses.
- OD Parental Leave policy & support.
- Great humans to work alongside everyday.