Our story :
Founded in 2016, Overdose has grown out to a family of 400+ staff, with offices across New Zealand, Australia, South East Asia, Europe and the USA. We work in a partnership format with a select group of clients looking for innovation and accelerated growth in a competitive digital landscape.
We take an abductive approach to design thinking, applying a balance between consumer empathy and data-driven insights. Our always-on approach to delivery forces us to think bigger and challenge the status quo. Our reputation is the key to our success.
About the role :
As a Senior Shopify Developer, you are responsible for providing technical leadership for your local development team. This is an on-the-tools role, however your focus is to be working on complex development tasks, providing solutions consulting to clients and setting the frameworks for the development team to work with.
- Be a Shopify expert: We need someone who lives and breathes the Shopify platform. Your experience could be in an agency or client-side.
- Coding: Utilising your skills as an experienced developer to deliver quality work efficiently for clients.
- Solutions: Solving problems, ranging from initial project discovery, to those that arise during projects and critical bug fixes.
- Technical scoping: Assist with architecting solutions for ecommerce projects to ensure Overdose delivers the most efficient and effective solutions that use the most appropriate combination of apps, APIs, custom development and human resources.
- Delivery of complex front end and integration work. Delegation of less complex work to ensure you can focus on the work where you add the most value.
- Time management: An ability to estimate tasks accurately and work to a schedule.
- Collaboration: Work with our delivery manager, project managers and client success team to ensure smooth end-to-end delivery of work and make sure our retainer clients are serviced impeccably.
- QA testing: assist with testing on all project releases and help to improve QA testing processes.
- Project management: Work with our project managers and client success team to ensure smooth end-to-end delivery of large projects and make sure our retainer clients are serviced impeccably.
Technical Requirements :
- Shopify expertise: Experience with the Shopify ecosystem, including understanding: Shopify and Shopify Plus features, Theme development using liquid and JSON templates, Apps, APIs, Platform limitations.
- Front end development: Extensive experience building front end ecommerce stores, using modern CSS & JS libraries and deployment processes.
- APIs: Able to work with REST and GraphQL APIs to connect Shopify and associated platforms efficiently.
- Skills & Experience :
- Self-motivation - you don’t need a lot of direction, and aren’t afraid to ask questions when you need to understand something better, but will try to figure out the answer on your own first.
- Comfortable providing recommendations with confidence to senior level stakeholders.
- Comfortable working under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively and logically to develop bespoke strategies for your clients in line with their business objectives through analysis of data and industry trends.
- Keen willingness to learn and grow within the team.
Perks and Benefits :
- Flexible working arrangements.
- Annual 13th-month performance bonus.
- Two Wellness Days days off per year.
- Annual training allowance.
- The chance to learn from some of the best eCom leaders all around the world.
- Free day off to celebrate your birthday month.
- Ability to continue your learning and development though globally recognised courses.
- Great humans to work alongside everyday.