Our story :
Founded in 2016, Overdose has grown out to a family of 450+ staff, with offices across New Zealand, Australia, South East Asia, Europe and the USA. We work in a partnership format with a select group of clients looking for innovation and accelerated growth in a competitive digital landscape.
We take an abductive approach to design thinking, applying a balance between consumer empathy and data-driven insights. Our always-on approach to delivery forces us to think bigger and challenge the status quo. Our reputation is the key to our success.
About the role :
The Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist at Overdose (OD) is responsible for helping clients uncover invaluable insight through use of data. This position requires you to be experienced with ETL processes, data pipelines, data-warehouse environments and visualisation tools.
Like every role at Overdose, this is a hands-on role involving planning as well as execution. This is a rare opportunity to work with an exceptional team and influence some of the biggest brands globally.
Roles & Responsibilities :
- Deliver economic value to OD’s clients through meaningful and growth focussed data initiatives.
- Understand client’s pain points, business questions and ideate how they can be answered through data.
- Plan and deliver solutions spanning from ETL / ELT approach, integrations, monitoring, alerting, visualisation and client handovers.
- Proactively recommend new opportunities, ideas and directions that can fuel growth through data & insight.
- Be actively involved in the evaluation and piloting of new tools that evolve the data offering at Overdose.
- Contribute to client proposals as and when necessary & support internal teams (Client Success, Marketing, SEO, Design teams) on ongoing data issues and questions.
- Establish strong client and internal relationships built on trust.
Essential Skills :
- Experience working with SQL based implementations and comfort operating in data-warehouse environments such as Google BigQuery or similar.
- Experience leveraging the various components of Google Cloud Platform (Such as Cloud storage, Cloud Functions, App Engine, etc.) to build scalable and sustainable data solutions.
- Ability to write functions in Python as required. (or similar)
- Ability to work with APIs to extract data from sources where ready connectors may not exist.
- Ability to convey insights effectively through visualisations in BI tools (Google Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau etc.)
- Experience using data pipeline tools such as Stitch, Supermetrics, Hevo, Stitch, Funnel or similar.
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics and data from marketing platforms such as Facebook / Instagram Ads, Google Ads, Google Search Console
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, and adhere to time pressures and deadlines.
Perks and Benefits :
- Full flexible working arrangements.
- Annual 13th-month performance bonus.
- Two Mental Health days off per year.
- Annual training allowance.
- The chance to learn from some of the best eCom leaders all around the world.
- Free day off to celebrate your birthday month.
- Ability to continue your learning and development though globally recognised courses.
- Great humans to work alongside everyday.