Overdose is a NZ owned success story. Over the past 5 years we have grown from 2 consultants to a team of 450+ and counting, with offices across Australia, Ukraine, Singapore, Europe and the US. Our services cover the entire commerce lifecycle; from Business Design, Creative & UX, through to Managed Execution, Platform Architecture, Performance Marketing, Insights and Marketing Automation.
About the Role
As Magento Developer at Overdose, you will play an integral part in delivering full-stack solutions on the PHP framework.
We are currently working with premier retail clients like Barkers, Merchant 1948, WOOP!, Kitchen Things, Bobux and more... to which you will be exposed and responsible for managing technical solutions.
This role is designed for a driven mid-level candidate who is happy to work across technical specifications with a range of clients. You will report directly to the NZ Technical Director and get the chance to collaborate with wider areas of the team on large projects.
PHP/Magento: you will have proven experience with the PHP framework, and ideally on Magento 2. We are seeking Backend development experience.
Servers & Support: you will be familiar with server builds, scaling, logs, security etc.... and providing real time client support in a high paced environment.
Analytics & Reporting: competent in performing conversion optimisation and SEO strategies.
Project: support the Program Manager by being hyper organised, working well with offshore resources and committed to delivery.
Development: familiar with standard GIT, PHP, CSS, JS, HTML5, SQL etc....
Technical Skills + Experience
- Ideally 2+ years experience across PHP framework, Symfony and Laravel also considered
- Magento 2 platform experience is highly desirable, but candidates willing to up-skill here are strongly considered
- Ability to work with PM’s to help with technical understanding
- Ability to work with clients on technical solutions on support services
- Happy to do development work across projects and retainer work
- You live and breathe digital, and know all the latest features
- Exposure to Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, Remarketing, CRM, Email Platforms, API service and related services is a bonus.
You will also have that desire to learn, and passion to become a top-flight developer. Passion and self-awareness, with an analytical business eye, are pivotal personal traits.
You’re in Good Company
As an Overdose team member you will have a wealth of Magento knowledge at your fingertips. We have a global team of Magento experts with experience that dates right back to the platform's inception in 2007. Our client list spans all versions of the platform, across categories and engagement types, with a growing B2B category and Global B2C.
With Magento as our dominant delivery platform, we have invested heavily in our team growth, excellence and progression. Our team are on the Magento partner advisory board and are currently holding over 40 Magento 2 Certifications. We are adding around 4 certifications every month to our team as part of our continued talent development program, and we want you to be part of it.
Benefits + Perks
- Full flexible working arrangements
- Competitive Salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Annual training/conference allowance
- Free annual leave day for your birthday
- 2 mental health days off per year
- Ability to continue your learning and development though globally recognised courses
- Good people, great partners, industry leading work
Overdose is a home for the world’s digital innovators, entrepreneurs, creatives, developers and analysts to come together and get cool sh*t done. Sounds good? We think so! Apply now, we’d love to chat.
- You must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand or Australia to be considered for this role.
- No recruiters, please.