The Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist at Overdose (OD) is responsible for helping clients uncover invaluable insight through use of data. This position requires you to be experienced with ETL processes, data pipelines, data-warehouse environments and visualisation tools.
Like every role at Overdose, this is a hands-on role involving planning as well as execution. This is a rare opportunity to work with an exceptional team and influence some of the biggest brands globally.
Roles & Responsibilities
As BI Specialist you will :
- Deliver economic value to OD’s clients through meaningful and growth focussed data initiatives.
- Understand client’s pain points, business questions and ideate how they can be answered through data.
- Plan and deliver solutions spanning from ETL / ELT approach, integrations, monitoring, alerting, visualisation and client handovers.
- Proactively recommend new opportunities, ideas and directions that can fuel growth through data & insight.
- Be actively involved in the evaluation and piloting of new tools that evolve the data offering at Overdose.
- Contribute to client proposals as and when necessary & support internal teams (Client Success, Marketing, SEO, Design teams) on ongoing data issues and questions.
- Establish strong client and internal relationships built on trust.
- Experience working with SQL based implementations and comfort operating in data-warehouse environments such as Google BigQuery or similar.
- Experience leveraging the various components of Google Cloud Platform (Such as Cloud storage, Cloud Functions, App Engine, etc.) to build scalable and sustainable data solutions.
- Ability to write functions in Python as required. (or similar)
- Ability to work with APIs to extract data from sources where ready connectors may not exist.
- Ability to convey insights effectively through visualisations in BI tools (Google Data Studio, Power BI, Tableau etc.)
- Experience using data pipeline tools such as Stitch, Supermetrics, Hevo, Stitch, Funnel or similar.
- Basic understanding of Google Analytics and data from marketing platforms such as Facebook / Instagram Ads, Google Ads, Google Search Console
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, and adhere to time pressures and deadlines.
Performance reviews are held annually, with a 6 month progress check in which is in a less formal capacity. Performance reviews are completed with a first stage of self review, and then a meeting to discuss self review with direct report. This aims to help set new career goals, provide feedback on performance and identify areas for growth or additional support.
Perks and Benefits
- Annual 13th-month performance bonus
- Flexible working arrangements and hours
- Annual training allowance
- Two additional mental health days off per year
- The chance learn from some of the best digital leaders all around the world
- Free day off to celebrate your birthday month
- Ability to continue your learning and development though globally recognised courses
- Supported Global Work Secondments & Transfers
- Great humans to work alongside everyday