Overdose is a NZ owned success story. Over the past 5 years we have grown from 2 consultants to a team of 450+ and counting, with offices across Australia, Ukraine, Singapore, Europe and the US. Our services cover the entire commerce lifecycle; from Business Design, Creative & UX, through to Managed Execution, Platform Architecture, Performance Marketing, Insights and Marketing Automation.
We take a firm "no BS" approach to business, and pride ourselves on delivering fit-for-purpose solutions, with positive RoI for our clients, and a belief structure based around creating mutual value. We refer to ourselves as "digital business accelerators", and operate primarily as partners, rather than suppliers.
As Senior Tech Lead for Overdose, you will play an integral part in owning and driving our technical vision for NZ projects out of our. You will work alongside our Tech Director based out of Auckland, but will have the ability to be based anywhere across ANZ.
We are currently working with premier retail clients like Barkers, Merchant 1948, WOOP!, Kitchen Things, Bobux and more... to which you will be exposed and responsible for managing technical solutions.
This role is designed for an experienced senior, or driven mid-level candidate who is happy to articulate highly technical specifications with a range of clients. You will report directly to the NZ Technical Director and get the chance to collaborate with wider areas of the team on large projects.
PHP/Magento: you will have proven experience with PHP and ideally the Magento 2 framework. We are seeking both Backend & Frontend development experience.
Servers & Support: you will be familiar with server builds, scaling, logs, security etc.... and providing real time client support in a high paced environment.
Analytics & Reporting: competent in performing conversion optimisation and SEO strategies.
Project: support the Program Manager by being hyper organised, working well with offshore resources and committed to delivery.
Development: familiar with standard GIT, PHP, CSS, JS, HTML5, SQL etc....
Technical Skills + Experience
- Ideally 2+ years working with the Magento 2 platform
- Candidates with 3+ years experience across PHP / Symfony, Laravel frameworks and a strong desire to learn will also be considered
- Client facing ability - happy to get on calls, be in meetings etc
- Ability to run project tech workshops and read/sign off blueprints
- Ability to work with PM’s to help with technical understanding
- Ability to work with clients on technical solutions on support services
- Happy to do development work as and where needed (projects and retainer work)
- You live and breathe digital, and know all the latest features.
- A stickler for best practice and an obsessive perfectionist.
- Exposure to Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, Remarketing, CRM, Email Platforms, API service and related services.
You will also have that desire to learn, and passion to become a top-flight digital consultant. Passion and self-awareness, with an analytical business eye, are pivotal personal traits.
You’re in Good Company
As an Overdose team member you will have a wealth of Magento knowledge at your fingertips. We have a global team of Magento experts with experience that dates right back to the platform's inception in 2007. Our client list spans all versions of the platform, across categories and engagement types, with a growing B2B category and Global B2C.
With Magento as our dominant delivery platform, we have invested heavily in our team growth, excellence and progression. Our team are on the Magento partner advisory board and are currently holding over 40 Magento 2 Certifications. We are adding around 4 certifications every month to our team as part of our continued talent development program, and we want you to be part of it.
Benefits + Perks
- Competitive Salary
- Annual performance bonus
- Annual training/conference allowance
- Full flexible working arrangements
- Free annual leave day for your birthday
- 2 mental health days off per year
- Ability to continue your learning and development though globally recognised courses
- Good people, great partners, industry leading work
Overdose is a home for the world’s digital innovators, entrepreneurs, creatives, developers and analysts to come together and get cool sh*t done. Sounds good? We think so! Apply now, we’d love to chat.
- You must have the legal right to live and work in Australia or New Zealand to be considered for this role.
- No recruiters, please.